Song Info (from Beatlesongs):”Birthday” is on theÂ White Album, and was 70% written by McCartney, 30% by Lennon. Â Some sources say it was written for Patti Harrison, but Lennon said it “was written in the studio. Just made up on the spot.” Â Harrison wore a glove during the session to avoid getting more blisters. Â Lennon did not care for the song.
Courtesy of PBF Comics, which aren’t necessarily always something I’d recommend.
I discovered last year that my birthday is a good time to reflect on some of the stuff I did in the previous year. Â Here’s the list for my 38th year.
- Voluntarily went on a canoe trip
- Rode two different horses on two separate occasions, one of them for about a half hour
- Played in a softball league (and without serious injury!)
- Replaced a kitchen light fixture (with Marshall’s help, but mostly by myself)
- Rode a bike for the first time in who knows how long
- Went to Cedar Point
- Made a homemade pizza
- Learned a couple of “signature dishes,” both made in the crockpot, both have teriyaki (albeit two different versions)
- Got a new roommate after the first one moved out
- Went to my first ever ballet – The Nutcracker – and enjoyed it
- Started taking Tae Kwon Do lessons – I am currently an orange belt
- Got engaged!
- Started eating salads – my favorite one is Texas Roadhouse’s house salad with Caesar dressing and no onions
- Stretched out Beatles Week longer than ever. Â Someday Beatles Week will last all year.
- Revamped the blog (with Brian‘s help)
- Only posted 26 blog entries, one every fortnight. That, to quote Charles Barkley, is just “turrible.”
- Went to see the Star Trek exhibit in Detroit
- Saw The Beatles in concert! Â …okay, so it was a tribute group, but it was still tons of fun
- Saw Steve Martin in concert in Chicago — a banjo concert!
- Hosted International Beatles Rock Band Day, with friends coming from Australia, Florida, New Mexico, Illinois, and around town here coming to play Beatles Rock Band and hang out all day. Â Super sweet!
- Was in Greg & Emily’s wedding
- Played a lot of euchre, but not nearly enough
- Watched more movies with other than people than I watched alone – this is a bigger thing than it sounds like
- Played Jesus for the second time in our church’s Passion Play
- Started going to a different ABF (like Sunday School, but for grown-ups), which has me missing friends from our previous one :/
- Started to learn how to dance… but only a little. Â Long way to go before the wedding…
All in all a good year. Â I have much to be thankful for.