Again With The Changing
It seems foolish to talk about a site re-design since
a) You’re looking at it
b) If you weren’t here before the change, you won’t care
I still wanted to mention it, though, because the site finally looks like I’ve been wanting it to look for over a year now. The last change gave me the colors I wanted, this change gives me the layout. There are likely to be a few small changes yet, but this is basically it.
List of changes, for the curious:
- Color scheme now reflects my current favorite color pair: green and grey.
- Three-column layout lets me split things up better: left column for internal stuff, middle column for entries, right column for external links (mostly – the hot chocolate counter and webcam are there because they fit better there).
- Webcam picture can be clicked for a larger version.
- Email link is now separated from the other links. It’s been bad and needs to be taught a lesson.
- Text size is now smaller. I always hated that gargantuan type.
- Text in middle column is justified which, strangely, gives it a more professional look.
- Addition of a “Favorite Posts” section in the left column. These should not be construed as my most popular posts – they are simply my favorite posts of mine.
- 23% fewer calories per post.
Things yet to come:
- A MadMup store. Really. Mostly for fun, and because I want to buy a MadMup.com T-shirt myself.
- A PayPal link. Because every blog needs to have an easy way for people to donate money, right?
- A webcam archive page, mostly so you can see that the hairstyle never changes.
So there you go. Many thanks again go to Brian A. for all of his work on this. I presented my ideas for the design, he would design it and show it to me, and I would say, “That’s good! I like that! Can we change this one thing?” He’d change it and we’d repeat the process. I think maybe he might have slapped me around if we’d been working on it in the same room instead of in Indiana and New Mexico. But he was patient and I love the design.
Now if only I would have more worthwhile content…