Here’s a link to the MSN article, but I recreate the list here:
1. It is illegal to transport a skunk across state lines. – Tennessee
You know, because why would you want to anyway?
2. It is illegal to taunt someone for refusing to participate in a duel. – West Virginia
Bawk, bawk! Little chicken doesn’t want to die!
3. There is a one-dollar fine for every instance of public drunkenness and/or swearing. – West Virginia
What about for public stupidity or ugliness?
4. It is illegal to require someone to purchase a horror comic book. – California
Does Archie count?
5. It is required by law that you make a loud noise when passing a car on the left. – Rhode Island
Hey, buddy! I’m passing you on the left! Because you’re too dang slow! Jerk!
6. It is illegal for a bingo game to last longer than five hours, unless the bingo is being played at a fair. – North Carolina
Well, where else you gonna play bingo, huh? A church?!?
7. A man may not seduce a woman by lying, and claiming he will marry her. – Mississippi
Is it just the “I’ll marry you” lie, or just lies in general?
8. One must not collect seaweed. – New Hampshire
You must do so in pairs.
9. It is illegal to wear a bulletproof vest while committing a murder. – New Jersey
Chiffon and satin are fine, however.
10. Unless a customer orders it specifically, it’s against the law to serve margarine instead of butter at a restaurant. – Wisconsin
Only in Wisconsin. The penalty for this infraction is, of course, hangin’.